Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Update on SN part three



I did something I have never done on Skype last night. I did some comic book writing on it.

Simon rang me on Skype last night wanting a re-write of one panel of episode three of Straitjacket Ninja. A while back he had made a good suggestion that changed one page of the script slightly.

I had originally had the straitjacketed one sitting on a fire escape and having delusional thoughts about sophisticated technology inside his cardboard box. The thoughts of the ninja went as follows ...

[ USING MY ANKLE COMMUNICATOR I CONSULT MY LAIR'S STATE OF THE ART COMPUTER. ]

Simon suggested that SN should be more Zen than tech in his delusions. It was a good suggestion.

So Simon drew one page slightly different drawings from the script, but I never replaced the one panel of block text that needed alterations. So last night we changed the script over Skype in record time, about three minutes It now reads ...

[ I MUST BECOME ONE WITH THE SPIRITS. BY CHANNELING THE SOULS OF THE DEAD PIGEONS FROM THIS APARTMENT BALCONY I CAN PECK THROUGH THE POSSIBILITIES. ]

This fits into the 'plot' much better, and is by itself a funnier line. At least I think so. Now there is nothing to stop Simon finishing the lettering. He hopes to have the six pages of episode three electronically in my hands tonight.

Oh! I should mention that Simon has some big news regarding his comic art, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you about it. So I'll just be a big tease instead.

Art is copyright Simon Morse

No comments:

Post a Comment