Monday, April 12, 2010

Script: AFTER, story seven

I've been busy writing lately, it's just not stuff I could blog. It was a submission for a comic anthology that is using the theme 'Eden Can Be Seen Through Barbed Wire'. I've sent the story off, and if it doesn't make it I'll post it some time in the future.

The theme inspired me to write a seventh AFTER script. Here it is.

AFTER story seven
Eden can be seen through barbed wire



Page ONE

1/1
Large Title frame to start with, to set the scene.
Night. A church, boarded up, fenced off, barbed wire at the top of the fence.
Two young adults approach the fence. One male, One female. The female is Connie from previous episodes. Let's call the boy Ian.
AFTER story seven
Eden can be seen through barbed wire

by David Tulloch and (your name here)

1/2
The two of them looking at the church through the fence.
Ian: "You used to come here?"

1/3
Connie: "Every Sunday. Seems like a lifetime ago."
Ian: "Yeah. I know what you mean."


Page TWO

2/1
Ian climbing up the fence, throwing his jacket over the top the fence so the barbed wire at the top is covered.
Ian: "At least they were too cheap to spring for razor wire."

2/2
They climb over the fence ...

2/3
They walk toward the church, toward a side or back door.

2/4
Ian pulls open the door ...

2/5
... and they go inside.


Page THREE


3/1
Inside the church. A nice big panel of them walking around in the poorly lit interior of the church.

3/2
Connie sits down on one of the pews.

3/3
Ian stands nearby.
Ian: "You okay, Connie?"
Connie: "Yeah. I'm fine."


Page FOUR


4/1
Ian: "You just seem ... distant."
Connie: "Yeah. I guess my head's elsewhere."

4/2
Ian: "You miss them? This?"
Connie: "Huh? Oh ... I guess."

4/3
Connie: "Well, no. Not really."

4/4
Connie: "I just don't get it."

4/5
Connie: "Why he was taken and not me?"
Ian: "Who?"

4/6
Connie: "My dad."


Page FIVE
A page of Connie talking in small panels. The lighting should be dark to contrast with the words of the ninth panel.

5/1
Connie: "He was born again. Right here in this church."

5/2
Connie: "So he gets taken with all the others."

5/3
Connie: "I get left here."

5/4
Connie: "The things is ... "

5/5
Connie: "The thing is I did believe once. Before."

5/6
Connie: "He made me stop believing."

5/7
Connie: "He was the one who made sure I'd stay behind."

5/8
Connie: "He saw the light."

5/9
Connie: "Everything was bright for him."


Page SIX

6/1
Ian leans in to kiss Connie.

6/2
Connie jumps up, startled and uncomfortable.
Connie: "What are you doing?"
Ian: "Sorry ... I just thought."

6/3
Connie is angry.
Connie: "Don't you get it?"

6/4
She runs off ...

6/5
Ian follows ...

6/6
... and he watches her through the barbed wire, as she has already climbed over.
Ian: "No. I guess I don't."

END

No comments:

Post a Comment