Saturday, June 26, 2010

Script: DARK BAY TWO (page 4 of 6)



As I've said before, my typed scripts for this strip are minimal, especially once I realized I was going to be making it into an almost comic. The typed script became a starting point, which was then heavily edited as I used the Macs little Comic Life software to lay out the story. The layout was then edited several times, the final time being when the pictures were added.

So below is my original, very minimal script.

Page FOUR
It was them hippies.
Hippies?

Oh yes. Before the current crop of artists and sculptors it was the damn hippie counter culture invading the Bay.

In New Zealand?

Oh yes. Weirdos know no international boundaries. There was even a music festival here.
Like Woodstock?

More like Rainstock. Hardly anyone came and the field was flooded. My late husband's idea to let them use the bottom field. He always was a sucker for a pretty face.

They only had two bands booked anyway.


Continued tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment